, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling BOOK TRAILER TALK!

4:33:00 PM

For those of you who haven't watched the trailer yet, buckle up and get ready for a teasing and wonderful ride! Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Book Trailer

So it's finally here and we get to see some insight in this new and wonderful world of wizards in America!!! YAY!!

So we start off the trailer with a voice over and suddenly cut to a scene where we see these claws coming out of Newton Scamander's mysterious briefcase. Now remember that Scamander is a Magizoologist and has an interest in magical creatures. So it's no surprise that living creatures, probably more than one, are in his suitcase.

Can I also just say that Eddie Redmayne is literally the perfect actor for this role, he just suits Scamander so well from what I've seen so far. Anyways, The voice over then says that he was kicked out of Hogwarts for endangering the humans with a beast. Now, Im a bit confused because he was in Hogwarts so how could he have endanger muggle's lives or was it the students? Also, I guess they don't say 'muggle' in America because more than once in this trailer they used the word humans, hmm. Then we find out that it was Dumbledore that vouched for Newt to stay in school, which just makes me all the more confused.

We get some humour with the mechanics of the briefcase and the "Muggle Worthy" switch, that just cracked me up. I felt like when the guard (?) was checking his case, the humour and dialogue really gave me goosebumps because again, Redmayne seems perfect for this role! And it seemed like this ancient fictional character was finally coming to life.

Cut to a different scene we get the newspaper but it doesn't seem to be the Daily Prophet, but the New York something which I couldn't read. It's pretty interesting just how much is different in America for the wizards than the UK. We then get the cool stone trick we saw in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone when Harry and Hagrid were entering Diagon Alley for the first time. Just thought it was worth mentioning the similarities.

Then we actually get a first glimpse of magic being used with the two women and their wands. I'm interested to know what make is Newt's wand and when we even get to see it. I can't imagine him not having one. Before that clip though we have a shot where Newt is with this man who seems to be seeing magic for the first time. So I wonder what importance he is for them to be so open about it, you know?

After that there seems to be some kind of attack on that hall we saw earlier where it said, Shaw... America's Future. Later on in the trailer though we see the chandeliers in the hall one by one exploding. So I wonder if that's a wizard attack on this Shaw.

After that we get the same hall representing Shaw and we definitely can see now that it is some sort of fight with humans or is that the American Ministry of Magic election??? Who knows right. But if not, I'm a little shocked considering how they're being with magic.

Back to the scene underground where they're now fighting some people. I have a feeling that this scene is going to resemble a lot like the Battle of the Department of Mysteries back in Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. After that, just a quick shot I want to note was Newt apparating, which just seems to look cooler and cooler each movie.

Also can I just point out I had tears in my eyes when Hedwig's Theme came on in the middle of the trailer, HOLY CRAP! The memories that all came flying back from my childhood were impeccable. At the end of the trailer we see Newt just casually getting up from his bed and walking inside his suitcase with the Extension Charm on it. While, the same man before still looking confused as to all of this magic around him. That definitely confirms that he is either a muggle helping out, or a human as they say it now.

I just want to point out that I do own the book itself and I am currently reading it. I am not anywhere near done it yet but I'll definitely post a review once I am.

Hope you guys loved this early trailer as much as I did and also that you guys are as excited about the movie and addition to Rowling's wizarding world as I am!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.