, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas | Review

5:22:00 PM

Pages: 648 pages
Publication Date:  September 1st 2015  
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
ISBN: 1619636042 (ISBN13: 9781619636040)

The queen has returned.

Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she’s at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past…

She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen’s triumphant return.

Now, What I Thought:

This book felt so long! It was action packed and I couldn't even describe how amazing it was! SO much crap went down in this novel and it was incredible!!! Celaena is now Aelin and I love it!!! We finally get to meet Arobynn and he was very different from what I imagined. I couldn't quite tell if he loved Aelin as a brother, father or lover? I honestly couldn't say for sure because of all the mixed signals and hinted words. BASICALLY that scene was just very uncomfortable for Aelin and me included. Yikes. I can 100% say that Maas has turned us all around on the whole Aelin and Chaol ship and it has officially sunk! He has someone else and she may have someone else, it just wasn't bound to happen so SORRY Team Chaol people out there. But now we can talk about Rowan! He finally appears in the book later on -too late for my liking- and the instant connection is everything!!!! You could feel it yourself as a reader that the time spent apart between the two had changed them. You could literally feel the sexual attention and how much they missed each other and it even surprised them that they could feel this strongly when they didn't before!

Just as I suspected, Manon and Aelin did have a face off and it. was. epic. Definitely one of the most memorable scenes in the whole series. We get a lot of reunions that are way over due, Aelin and Chaol for example... Damn, and especially reading it from Chaol's P.O.V was tough because they used to be so close but now the threat that Aelin has is she's going to have to kill Dorian, who is Chaol's best friend still. It is no secret that Chaol will die trying to stop that. Who knows if he does or doesn't, but there was definitely a shocker AGAIN that Maas threw at us. I could probably rant on and on about how petty Chaol was being towards Aelin about Rowan, her 'fae prince' as he put it. I honestly thought Aelin was either going to maim or kill him. Both would've been fine HAHA. 

Dorian is now grown up a lot and is under some trance at court with the king :( It was seriously sad that the usually strong Dorian was actually weak in this book and he didn't really get to contribute till the ending, which really made up for it because it was the battle of the century! 

There are so many things to talk about with what happened concerning Rowan, Aelin, Aedion, Arobynn especially but all I'm dying to do is rant about the big final battle! IT WAS AMAZING! I find myself even now just re-reading the end because it was so descriptive and detailed I missed a lot of stuff the first time reading just out of excitement. Lots of things happen and lots of changes are going to happen for Terrasen and the whole kingdom. A huge change happens to one of the characters and a huge sacrifice is made but I think in the next book we'll have to be on the journey to fix 'it'. I honestly can't spoil anything and therefore I can't really talk about the epicness in the final battle. EXCEPT I will say, just to read this amazing freaking book! It was amazing and you should take the time to enjoy and spend the time to actually read it and understand what is happening. When I first read it I literally couldn't put it down and I read it so fast that I then had to RE-read it just to comprehend what was happening. 

READ IT, IT WAS AMAZING AND SO WORTH IT!!! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.