, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined (Twilight #5) by Stephenie Meyer | Review

8:47:00 PM

Edition: Twilight Tenth Anniversary 
Pages: 728 pages
Publication Date: October 6th 2015 by Little, Brown and Company
ISBN: 0316268399 (ISBN13: 9780316268394)

WHEN BEAUFORT SWAN MOVES TO THE gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edythe Cullen, his life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With her porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edythe is both irresistible and enigmatic.

WHAT BEAU DOESN'T REALIZE IS THE closer he gets to her, the more he is putting himself and those around him at risk. And, it might be too late to turn back…

IN CELEBRATION OF THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY of Twilight, Stephenie Meyer has crafted Life and Death, a bold and compelling reimagining of the iconic love story that will surprise and enthrall readers. This special dual edition includes a foreword by the author as well as the complete original novel. Turn this book over to read Twilight.

Now, What I Thought:

I'm going to assume that everyone reading this review knows about Twilight and has read the originals. Onward from that, this is the tenth anniversary edition where Bella and Edward's roles and genders are switched. When I first heard about this I literally through my phone because of the excitement and the urge to do a happy dance- true story. Literally every female in the original Twilight series turns into a male and vice versa. It was actually pretty good, which I'm struggling to imagine how I could possibly say that with a straight face... I wasn't necessarily a big fan of the books, I liked the movies well enough to watch them in the theatres but that's about it. So for me to say that this book was actually pretty good, is a lot. 

This was pretty funny to read, it took a while to get used to and remember who was who but all in all, pretty humorous. I liked that Meyer took the used up old story of Twilight and made it into something new and refreshing. Mind you guys, the main reasons why I didn't like Twilight did not disappear in this new version. The romance still sucked, the whole vampire sparkle stuff was still bogus and the characters still didn't connect with me or relate to me at all. While this was a cool new innovation of Twilight, I'd still give it the same rating as the originals, 3-4 stars, at the most. 

For anyone interested in reading, I say just do it. I mean, it's a cool thing for Meyer to do and I liked that she came up with this idea. It was a definitely a different perspective to view the plot through Beau Swan, a male, getting captivated by the beautiful vampire, Edythe Cullen. I didn't mind the book and I definitely didn't hate it as some-most people did. Just read it, who knows, you might actually really like this new version better! 

p.s. Soooooo Meyer had the time to write this book yet not the sequel to the Host ?? Um priorities much? -insert grumpy ass face-


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.