, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Emerald Green (Precious Stone Trilogy, #3) by Kerstin Gier | Review

11:06:00 PM

Pages: 451 pages
Publication Date: October 8th 2013 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
ISBN: 0805092676 (ISBN13: 9780805092677)

Gwen has a destiny to fulfill, but no one will tell her what it is. She’s only recently learned that she is the Ruby, the final member of the time-traveling Circle of Twelve, and since then nothing has been going right. She suspects the founder of the Circle, Count Saint-German, is up to something nefarious, but nobody will believe her. And she’s just learned that her charming time-traveling partner, Gideon, has probably been using her all along. Emerald Green is the stunning conclusion to Kerstin Gier's Ruby Red Trilogy, picking up where Sapphire Blue left off, reaching new heights of intrigue and romance as Gwen finally uncovers the secrets of the time-traveling society and learns her fate.

Now, What I Thought:

Ahh, the last book in the Precious Stone Trilogy... so sad. I did not want to see this series end but unfortunately, it was time to wrap things up and call it quits. After all, we needed to find who the real culprit was right?

It was definitely sad to say goodbye to Gwen and her quick wit and also Xemerius! Boo! He literally made the books so funny and not all dramatic at times. Again, I will say that the romance portion was lacking and I felt no connection between Gideon and Gwen. The only time I didn't particularly like Gwen, was when she was obsessing over Gideon and not getting her priorities straight. With that being said, Xemerius did stop the whining of lovers scorned at most times and fixed her priorities. I don't want to give too much away so I can't necessarily talk about the plot considering this book was dedicated to solving all of the problems and mysteries. 

BUT. CAN I JUST TEASE YOU GUYS ABOUT THAT ENDING? LIKE DAMN. I was not expecting that at all. I loved that surprise because then everything starting clicking into place, in my mind. I will say that the whole book was kind of lacking in exciting plot twists. Having read the whole novel, the book was all leading up to the big finale, which many were disappointed in. I can see their P.O.Vs for sure, but I just loved this series so much I couldn't not like it, especially the end!

I always hate reading the last books in any series because I can't seem to let go no matter what! I mean, I still reread this books from time to time.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.