, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Me Before You (Me Before You #1) by Jojo Moyes | Review

10:38:00 PM

Pages: 369 pages
Publication Date: December 31st 2012  
Publisher: Pamela Dorman Books/Viking
ISBN: 0670026603 (ISBN13: 9780670026609)

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

Now, What I Thought:

I had just finished this book minutes ago and I am left here sobbing my eyes out because of how beautiful this story was. Now, obviously with everyone's hype for this book and the description of it, you automatically think this is going to be a sad book. I'd say that this book was 95% happy, it was warm and fun and I felt like I was physically in the book with Lou and Will myself. There is a movie adaptation that is coming out soon, which I think the actors that play Lou, Will and Patrick are amazingly well casted.

Warning: DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK.

It will spoil you, I didn't have the common sense to not watch it before I even opened the book to page 1, and I did find it spoil me a bit, where I would get to a part in the novel and I would remember what happened in the trailer and I'd realize what would happen next. I really wished I had left those parts for surprise you know? 

Lou's family played a huge role in this book, I liked how involved they were and how we actually get to see them a lot and even Patrick. I loved to hate Patrick too, he really was just there as another obstacle for Lou to climb over. This whole novel was for Lou to find herself and grow up and live HER life. She's a 27 year old living at home asking her parents permission to do things. She needed to finally grow up and explore the world on her own and live the life she wanted to live. I didn't really like her sister, even with her P.O.V chapter. I still didn't like how inferior she made Lou feel at times and even when Treen would think and we got to read that, I just did not like her selfish thought process and how she thought she was better than everyone. 

The relationship between Lou and Will, I don't even have to really say, was magninicifent! It started off rocky and Will would mock everything she'd say or do while she'd just get frustrated. But they finally found a balance between themselves and Will started living more of his life. I liked reading Will being happy, because it would just remind me of his life now and how it seemed like he hadn't smiled in a long time and truly enjoy his time with her and outside in general. There are so many rememberable scenes between the two that it just made this book so great and I can't express the amount of happiness that flowed through me while reading it. 

This book will always been on my top favourites because it was just so emotional and life changing in a way. We really get to read about other people's lives and how just a moment in time can change someone's life forever. Jojo Moyes has a really great writing style and I look forward to reading more of her stuff very soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.